of Artificial Intelligence
Engineering Mathematics Department
Department of Engineering Mathematics,
University Of Bristol,
Queen's Building, University Walk,
Bristol BS8 1TR, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 5629
Fax: +44 (0)117 331 5636
- 1987-1990 BSc Mathematics at Plymouth
Polytechnic. Graduated with first class honours
- 1990-1994 PhD Mathematics and Logic at the
University of Manchester.
- 1994-1997 Research Assistant in the
Artificial Intelligence Group at the University of
- 1997-2004 Lecturer in Artificial
Intelligence and Soft Computing. Department of Engineering
Mathematics, University of Bristol
- 2004- Reader in Artificial Intelligence.
Department of Engineering Mathematics, University of
- Random sets and fuzzy
- Label Semantics for
Modelling Vague Concepts.
- Foundations of uncertain
reasoning in Artificial Intelligence .
- Combining probability, fuzzy sets and random
sets in data analysis.
- Computing and modelling with
- Imprecise probabilities.
- AI Techniques for real-time flood
- Maritime Collision avoidance.
- Evolution of language and meaning in robotic
Jonathan Lawry, Modelling and Reasoning with
Vague Concepts, Springer, 2006
Workshops and Conferences
- IUM 2010:
Integrated Uncertainty Management and Applications, JAIST, Japan,